Monday, May 13, 2013

Less Than Five Months...

If you are a regular reader of mine, you know that I am engaged and will be married.  What you may not know is that the wedding is set for October, so the date is fast approaching.  We have a lot of our decision already decided.  We have the venue and catering, date, dress, DJ, photographer, with only the details of each to consider.  Only big things remaining are the flowers, cake, invitations (although our guest list is made) and rings.  It is amazing to consider how fast life gets away from us.  It seems only yesterday that my fiance and I were looking at venues, trying to find that place of our dreams.  Now, we are needing to find time to tie up loose ends.

This caused me to consider how time flies and how we get caught up in life.  All this comes into perspective when you have a moment to reflect.  This moment comes for me everyday when I log into this blog but it also comes when I have a moment to watch something as simple as the birds visiting a feeder.  I got to enjoy the birds, squirrels and other various creatures while over visiting Pawpaw yesterday.  It was during this time that the bright colors of the males were brought up again (not unlike a previous post).  My fiance brought up a point that I had forgotten in consideration of the coloring of the males.  True, they are brightly colored to attract a mate but it serves a deeper purpose as well.  The bright colors makes them more susceptible to being captured by birds of prey, meaning the females are often times spared in order to continue raising their young.

Watching birds go about their business is very comical and peaceful.  To guess which birds are babies, just beginning to fly and as a result, shed their baby fat is an enjoyable experience.  How they interact with the squirrels or how the squirrels work their way around the man-made contraptions we build to keep them out. I hope that in less that five months, I will not miss the life passing us by, the enjoyment and celebration that is the time building until the wedding day.  Almost everyday, we text about looking forward to that fateful day.  And each day, we remind each other that while the day is exciting, we can't wish our lives away.  Afterall, we might miss a lot in between.

As the morning passes, I am enjoying the company of our little dog, Molly and the comfort that only corn muffins and coffee can give you.  Dinner is ready to be turned on and the TV is already on.  I am watching Sex and the City for now, ironic as Carrie Bradshaw is a writer and I am writing while watching.  Work will come soon and the day will continue to progress as normal.  I can rest easy knowing I come home to a puppy that will love me unconditionally, a fiance that will open his arms for me and a bed I can fall into at the end of the night.  And all my family is simply a phone call away.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment