Wednesday, April 3, 2013

From a Nightmare to Reality

Such a difficult decision...
This morning, while the rest of the world began to wake, I lifted my head from my pillow.  I heard my fiance moving around quietly, preparing to leave for work, not wanting to disturb me.  When I lifted my head, my eyes were watery, filled with sleep.  But they were also filled with more.  When I came into the main room, my eyes filled with tears as my arms wrapped around the neck of the man I love so much.

When asked what was wrong, all I could whisper was that I had a nightmare where I had lost him and couldn't get him back.  He comforted me and told me that is why it is a nightmare, a dream.  It isn't real.  We always ultimately wake up from the dream and can leave that state of thought.  How easy it all seems.  To wake and realize it was all a dream.  This morning was the first morning I had woken from a nightmare in utter tears from what the dream was about.

Our small dog, Molly, is sitting by me, mad I am not lavishing my utter and complete attention over her.  I think she is jealous of the computer.  My arm can attest to her wanting attention while my ears hear her cries.  I wish she could have roused me from the dream.  It is such a blurred line sometimes, dreams and reality.  Sometimes the fairy tale I experience with my fiance makes me question what stage of REM sleep I may be in.

The difference between dreams and reality can be compared to the differences between truths and lies.  I am watching Georgia Rule this morning, in which Lindsay Lohan's character is known by her family as being notorious for not telling the truth.  But as the story unfolds, we begin to wonder if she really knows the difference.  Now, take the actress' character out of the equation (as we know it is of ill-repute), we can see an example how if someone gets deeply involved in lies or truths, the line could easily be misconstrued.  The same could be said for dreams.  If we forever live in a fantasy world, we have difficulty coming out of it.

The things that takes me out of reality more than anything is books.  Books sometimes become my truth, my dreams and my reality.  When that book is done, I have to return to my perceived reality until a new truth could be found and read cover to cover.  In the movie, the truth is ultimately discovered by all parties and healing can begin.  What healing can be accomplished if the healing fact is not known?  If we base our healing on lies, is it really healing?  The same with dreams and reality.  If we base our life and build it around solely a dream, is their any weight to what we establish?  Don't get me wrong, I am all for following dreams.  But if you have a dream of being an executive, how can you spend like one before you are one?  That is the difference between living truth, perception, lies, dreams and reality.

I am so grateful that my fiance was there, with open arms, ready to embrace me this morning.  When I woke, it was so quiet I was afraid my nightmare had come true.  To come out of the room and find him standing there brought me so much comfort.  It brought me back to reality, brought me back to my truth, our truth.  I am far from a perfect being and I would never claim to be perfect.  But somehow, I felt a little more complete this morning.

Whether you are waking or preparing for bed.
Have you ever had a dream, nightmare, faced with truth or lies that brought you to reflect on your life and how you weigh your priorities?  I know last night was a moment like that for me.  I was overjoyed to have someone to bring me out of that dream.  Do you have someone to bring you from a dream?  It is like Inception, when they have an object to remind them what stage of world they are in, dream or reality.  What is the thing or person that keeps you grounded?

I hope everyone reading this has a wonderful day or evening, depending where in the world you are.  Whether you are waking from the sleeping world you preparing to settle back in for a night of dreams, I hope you enjoy this thing called, "La Vie."

No comments:

Post a Comment