Monday, June 10, 2013

Making Dreams Come True

We all are searching for something in life.  Purpose, meaning, a realization of some sort.  But what happens when that doesn't fall directly into your lap?

In my past posts, I have spoken of phrases like "Follow your bliss" or "Carpe Diem", creating your own destiny and path.  This goes for all aspects in your life, including your need to find a purpose.  I have always had a desire to create.  I love writing, sewing, making jewelry, playing music, anything that is creative.  I have always wanted to translate that into something to truly give me a sense of ownership and belonging.  I feel as though, with the support of my fiancĂ©, I finally have the opportunity to achieve this.

I have been writing this blog and you have been reading it.  That fuels my desire to write.  What's more is I am also penning a book of sorts from these posts as well.  Inspirational, a little religious and all lessons learned.  These two things fuel the fire created by my desire to read, write and be read.

I have also created a Facebook page for my crafts/jewelry.  "Made by LJ" is something I have worked towards for a long time.  Will I ever have a physical store front?  Maybe not.  But that's not how I measure my success.  My success is measured by having people ask me to create things for them that they are willing to purchase.  It is measured by compliments paid on the inventory I currently have and special requests.  It means I am making something that people like.

So where does one go from here?  Up.  There is never an ending, only ever beginnings to a journey.  I hope to never feel defeat in any of my ventures.  I know if I ever do, my loving and amazing fiancĂ© will be there to help me rediscover my passion and drive for what I make.  If you have time, stop by my page and take a look at what I have created!

www.facebook.com/madebylj

Remember that life is too short to let it go by.  You will some day look up and notice that you stared at the ground far too long.  Seize what bit of sunlight you have and make the light eminent in your existence.  And more importantly, support one another in endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment