Saturday, January 25, 2014

So Much to Reach for....

Here I sit, on a Saturday night, my husband stretched out beside me. May seem like a low key Saturday night but that is exactly what I enjoy after the work week. Next week starts a 10 day week for me followed by a 4 day weekend. I am still on second shift. One can only imagine how weary I might become in time.

So, my lifestyle has come into reflection recently. I thought about how in my long mornings, I laze about not being productive but then I end up feeling bad about myself and not fulfilled. I am perpetuating my own issues. I realized I had yet to set some New Years Resolutions so even it is almost a month late, here we go:

1) Counting Calories/Lifestyle change-In my final two years of college, I lost a great amount of weight simply by counting calories and working out. As you probably can imagine, with my hectic schedule and odd hours, I have quickly fallen away from what I felt good about. So, time to be back on track! This means monitoring my meals and what I intake. But this is a two-fold process-

2) Working and Walking it Out-While I may not have access to a gym, I have a steep hill in my backyard and a few blocks I can walk. If I get up earlier than I have been, I need to bring myself to find the willpower to force myself from bed and walking. Of course, the dogs would be coming with me.

3) Creative focus-As you can probably judge from my past posts, I have a LOT of projects in the works. I am trying to start a business of sorts, I am in the process of writing a book etc, etc, etc. So I can't overwhelm myself thinking of everything at once. The remedy: one thing at a time. So focusing one a chapter each week and trying to capture all my ideas and then moving to the next one.

So that's pretty much it. Oh yeah, and not forgetting you out there in cyber space. I know I have gotten away from you all but one of my goals would include becoming consistent again with this blog. I hope everyone is having a great new year and may 2014 treat all of you well in this thing called, "La Vie."

No comments:

Post a Comment